1. Sillesen H, Falk E: Peripheral artery disease (PAD) screening in the asymptomatic population: why, how, and who? Curr Atheroscler Rep, 13(5):390-395. and Hirsch: Peripheral Arterial Disease Detection, Awareness, and Treatment in Primary Care JAMA, 2001: Vol 286: 1317-1324
2. Cardiovascular Coalition. Racial Disparities in Vascular Care. (n.d.). Accessed August 22, 2022 from https://cardiovascularcoalition.com/our-patients/racial-disparities-in-vascular-care/
3. American Heart Association. PAD Toolkit for Health Care Professionals. Accessed March 11, 2022, from https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/peripheral-artery-disease/pad-toolkit
4. JA Barnes, MA Eid, MA Creager, et al.: Epidemiology and risk of amputation in patients with diabetes mellitus and peripheral artery disease. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol, 40 (2020), pp. 1808-1817
5. TW Tan, D Urbina, CH Hsu, et al.: Disparities of health care access among Hispanics at risk of lower extremity amputation. J Vasc Surg, 74 (2021), p. e209, 10.1016/J.JVS.2021.06.311
6. Chin JA, Wang EC, Kibbe MR. Evaluation of hyperspectral technology for assessing the presence and severity of peripheral artery disease. J Vasc Surg. 2011 Dec;54(6):1679-88. doi: 10.1016/j.jvs.2011.06.022. Epub 2011 Jul 31. PMID: 21803525.
7. Lisa Abry, Salome Weiss, Vladimir Makaloski, Alan G. Haynes, Jürg Schmidli, Thomas R. Wyss,
Peripheral Artery Disease Leading to Major Amputation: Trends in Revascularization and Mortality Over 18 Years, Annals of Vascular Surgery, Volume 78, 2022, Pages 295-301, ISSN 0890-5096, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.avsg.2021.04.037.
8. USA Vascular Centers. (2020, May 13). Is asymptomatic pad common? how is it diagnosed? PAD Treatment Centers USA Vascular Centers. Retrieved February 20, 2023, from https://www.usavascularcenters.com/blog/how-common-is-asymptomatic-pad/
9. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2022, December 19). Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Retrieved February 17, 2023, from https://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/PAD.htm
10. Barnes, J. A., Eid, M. A., Creager, M. A., & Goodney, P. P. (2020). Epidemiology and risk of amputation in patients with diabetes mellitus and peripheral artery disease. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, 40(8), 1808–1817. https://doi.org/10.1161/atvbaha.120.314595